Man. What a weekend! Friday I made some new friends (workout buddies in fact!), Saturday I saw Taken 3 (not fantastic-but enjoyable!), and Sunday I ran my first 15K!!
The race was a success. I mean you can’t go wrong with waking up early, running 9.3 miles and stuffing your face with decadent chocolate fondue and hot chocolate. If there was a better way to a girl’s heart, I cannot think of one! Ok lies, there are probably lots of better ways, but I loved my Sunday morning this weekend! 6:30 am wake up call. 7:40 am race time. It was still dark out when I left my apartment that morning and it was 30 degrees outside. YUM. I was really nervous because I hadn’t run that distance in a long while and I was eager to see how I would do. If I may say so myself, I KILLED IT. Here are some of my favorite moments:
- I ran my first mile in 8 minutes FLAT.
- I PRd my 5K time (within my last 4 years of running)
- I PRd my 10K time (within my last 4 years of running)
- I consumed ungodly amounts of chocolate (with vanilla wafers, rice krispie treats, bananas, marshmallows, and pretzels).
- These two wonderful families took me under their wing so I wasn’t alone all morning:
- My Half Marathon Playlist helped me make it through. Some songs came on during the perfect time. Like struggling up miles 7 with Run Away by Satellites & Sirens, my ultimate favorite song sings “I’ve got a little bit longer” in Ways to Go by Grouplove, & running to the finish line to Gonna Fly Now by Bill Conti (The theme song from Rocky- UM YES).
- Here’s the whole playlist!
- Finishing healthier, stronger, and closer to my Half Marathon goal.
- You can see my timing below!
Just to top off the day, the weather was absolutely amazing, I grabbed lunch at Einstein Bro’s bagels (my favorite!- Lox bagel of course), and walked on over to Piedmont park to Playout not Workout with some of my new friends that I met this weekend. What a glorious day!
Here is my running plan for this upcoming week. All amped up and motivated. Let’s go!